Well done to everyone that took part! Times are online here.
A circular trail of approximately three miles of downhill and single-track has been constructed by the farm with help from keen cyclists and local bike shop Wight Mountain. It has been built on the trails constructed for the Island Games held on the Isle of Wight last year. The centre is based on private farmland, providing cyclists with challenging rider-built jumps and berms, weaving through woodland. The Isle of Wight Council has helped to co-ordinate the project which has also involved the NHS, Cycle Wight, cycling charity CTC, British Cycling and Natural England.
The Isle of Wight Mountain Bike Centre will be a seasonal facility, open between April and October. Cyclists will be asked to pay a subscription to use the track to cover maintenance and development costs, public liability insurance cover, materials and administration costs Annual permits will cost £20, day permits will be available for just £2, either online or from Wight Mountain’s shop in Newport or the office at Cheverton Farm.
Directions to Cheverton Farm, Shorwell, Isle Of Wight (PO30 3JE):
• Coming from Carisbrooke towards Shorwell at the top of Cheverton shute before the drop into Shorwell shute, turn right onto the farm track up onto the down. Do not use farm entrance. Event entrance is further along the road.
• The entrance will be clearly signposted.
Cheverton Farm Rules
• Speed limit 5mph. Please restrict the use of your vehicle and beware of uneven ground, children, dogs, bikes etc.
• No open fires.
• Please bag up all your rubbish making sure your camping area/pit is completely litter free before you leave.
Enduro main race categories:
• Pairs Women and men
• All competitors or teams will receive a transponder for the event.
• Pairs/teams must hand over in their pit area.
• All riders must pick up fresh bottles and food in their pit area.
• In case of a mechanical breakdown, you MUST complete the lap around the course back to the pits.
• You cannot start a lap after four hours.
• No loitering on your last lap – wait in the pits before starting your last lap if you don’t want to do another one after that.
• The winner is the rider who has completed the most laps after the four hours has elapsed.
• Basic map attached to this mail of course and entrance.
• But most of all have fun and enjoy being out on your bike!!
• NO drinking alcohol and riding, any rider found drinking then riding will be disqualified.
• Please be aware of other riders on the single track areas and only overtake when safe to do so.
• There will be marshals and caution signs around the course to make you aware of the technical areas.
• There are low hanging trees and branches in some areas and tree routes so please take care.
• Helmets must be worn whilst riding.
Chevy Chase 4hr Enduro 2012 results
Chevy Chase 4hr Enduro Images by Patrick Eden